Something Good for You and Your Baby
Today, new mothers spend less time in the hospital, the traditional source for breastfeeding instruction & support. We can help you fill this informational void. First, what are some of the benefits to breastfeeding?
- Helps mother recover quickly from childbirth.
- Helps mother lose pregnancy weight.
- Saves you money.
- Fewer heath issues.
- Encourages bonding between mother and baby.
- You can feel physically and emotionally comfortable, secure in the knowledge that you are doing something positive for yourself and your baby.
- You can return to work knowing that you can breastfeed your baby for as long as you want.
For Your Baby…
- Breastfed babies have significantly fewer respiratory-tract and ear infections.
- Breastfeeding reduces an infant’s risk of food allergy.
- Initial research suggests that breastfeeding may have a long-term positive effect on a baby’s immune system.
- Breastfeeding your baby is a gift that lasts a lifetime.
We can help…
- Mothers and babies with special needs such as prematurity, multiple births and handicapped mothers and babies.
- Physicians and other health care professionals with lactation management problems that require time intensive assessment and follow-up. We also provide continuing education for you and your staff.
- Preserve the breastfeeding relationship if and when a mother returns to work.